View Single Post
wiretwister
we are one

Member Since Jul 2013
1,338 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2020 at 01:50 PM

I now believe my anxiety is due to racing thoughts caused by being unable to only keep one thought in my mind at a time . . . this is why I relax once I become involved in a work problem and it consumes my total attention ( on site ) and why I become so over whelmed when I have time ( like before sleep or on waking ) ( or on way to and from a job) when multiple thoughts run thru my mind . . . keeping my mind limited to one though seems to really reduce anxiety and stress . . . I suppose this is like mindfulness but limited to one chain of thought only . . . meditation does not work for me due to my ringing ear and body pains that seem to over whelm me when I get very still and quite . . . this is also why xanex works so well for me . . as it “ turns “ my mind off . . .

I am now on Viibryd , trazodone , xanex (prn) and have started lamictal . . . has anyone found a way to stop the racing thoughts either by med or therapy . . .

I am on furlow this week from work and am using xanex and you tube to keep my mind busy and focused on that little laptop screen . . . I also need to learn how to just stop caring so much about all the little things of life . . . when I was young I buried myself in religion and paranoia ( carried a gun all the time) and these keep my mind busy and distracted , , , my stress started when I got over the paranoia and put the guns away and completely gave up on religion . . .

I am interested in anyone’s experience with ro dbt . . . .

Tigger

https://www.pinterest.com/lovesoonkyu/
wiretwister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TunedOut