View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 14, 2020 at 04:27 PM

I'm not trying to intrude on your thread, but having had my own rather bad experience with a T when I was feeling suicidal (we ultimately worked through it, but I left for a few weeks), it makes me wonder about things. It seems like T's wouldn't want clients to hide suicidal thoughts or intentions. But then if that could risk the relationship, should we even tell them? I mean, I know there are crisis lines, but I think of my attempt to connect with a texting one that night, and I was in the queue for like an hour...and eventually gave up. And I've heard how sometimes they're just like "Take a hot bath and relax!" or else the other extreme of calling the cops to your door. So, how are we supposed to handle it? I know my T turns his phone off at like 9 pm, for example (and doesn't really allow phone calls or nonscheduling texts--emails are fine, and he said he'd make occasional exceptions for crisis calls). So if I was feeling awful at 2 am, calling/texting him wouldn't be an option anyway. But what if it was in the afternoon? Do I take the risk of reaching out to him? I suppose this would be something to talk about with him again. Not that I'm feeling that way right now, but, to know for the future.

And Stahrgeyzer, it could be a discussion to have with the new therapist you're seeing. To ask what to do if you're feeling that way again.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, SalingerEsme, SlumberKitty, stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
SalingerEsme, stahrgeyzer