View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2020 at 01:52 AM

I was under the impression that suboxone helps with w/d because it blocks the receptors from feeling the good feelings you get on opiates? But I have heard of people busted for possessing it so can you abuse it? I do AA (alcoholic, not drugs) and 8 years ago when I first joined I fell into place with some die-hard AA'rs and "grew' up in the program believing all controlled substances were against the "rules" My then-sponsor told me she wouldnt work with me if I still took the adderall I take for adhd and BPII so I went off of it and my ordered life when over the cliff. I had to learn that not everyone is like those AA people. I had to learn that there is no shame in learning to live a productive, joyful life responsibly taking your long-term prescribed medication. I am truly a hazard without my medication. I have had 5 surgeries over the last 2 years that all required me to take pain killers for the first couple of weeks after the surgery. I have inflammatory arthritis, an autoimmune disease among other things and I had an emergency supply of as-needed Tylenol 3's for the severe pain. I just got accepted and started the medical MJ program and am learning the ropes. But the little MJ I have tried actually helps the pain a lot and I am not impaired, sleepy or overdosing on it. I think many 12 step programs scare people due to the emphasis some members have about everything being a drug and the idea that suffering is more righteous and and you should suffer rather than take a prescribed medication. I also thing a lot of old time members have grown in their Christian faith and connect their higher power with a Christian god instead of following the foundational principles that state higher powers are personal between that person and their "god" I was raised Christian so the principles do not bother me.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote