Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 15, 2020 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
You could say something like, ‘When you yell at me it triggers my PTSD, gets me very upset and angry, and I just can’t live with this.’

This softens the blame, forcing him to admit he has a problem. You are just stating the fact that you are too sensitive to his yelling and it’s unacceptable.

I’m glad he agreed to counseling!
Yes, I could say that, and thanks Tisha. I think the subject is going to be dropped for now between us though.

Yes, he agreed to counseling....... but, a woman on an abuse forum on Facebook just told me that I am teaching my husband how to keep me engaged.

But what the heck does that mean? I am not teaching him anything except that he cannot mistreat me.

I still plan on giving an ultimatum at some point, though the scenario has now changed.

If and when this happens again, and IF he cannot admit he has a problem to me, I will have to tell him that I am leaving him. I refuse to go to therapy with him if he refuses to acknowledge HIS problem. Because otherwise, I can see him trying to turn this all around into ME being the problem in our marriage and manipulating the therapist. I refuse to go through that.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote