View Single Post
whereisthesun

Member Since May 2020
7 hugs
given
Default May 16, 2020 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamKid View Post
A baby is more important than a video game. No one should put a child on pause; children need their parents everyday. I figured you'd say he refused to go to the doctor; that is why I suggested he call. There may be something in his symptoms that says something to a nurse or doctor or physician's assistant, and they might be able to suggest a plan of action over the phone (tracking how often he is sick, for example.) His health is important not just for himself but for the sake of his child. Having a baby changes everything. This isn't to say we can't have hobbies, work, etc. But our lives can no longer be lived completely selfishly. And long term, if his job is so horribly stressful and draining, then the longterm goal should be to plan to pursue work that allows for more life/work balance. I wish you the very best. I hope in addition to all this worrying about him you are taking care of yourself, too.
Again thank you for your wisdom, I’ve only recently started to really take care of myself , truly . I’ve noticed I couldn’t keep on going the way I was because I also matter and our little one needs someone stable and reliable and gosh do I love our little one to pieces , I want to provide the very best. I’ve also contacted a therapist today for myself to cope with all the stress . So I’ll keep everything up.

And I think I’ll be mentioning to him exactly what you’ve written to me .. you’re absolutely right . And that’s how I was raised and it’s so hard on me to see someone who’s only interested in being involved when he wants.

The gaming aspect , I’ve come to think about it today but I know his friends are influencing him, telling him it’s normal to have me time So gaming all day is ok , he mentioned it to me the day before he was sick .
whereisthesun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote