View Single Post
Nikdoug

Member Since May 2020
Default May 16, 2020 at 06:17 PM

Hi everyone! I just joined today and am hoping having a support group will help me better understand and navigate my depression and dissociation. I'm ready to feel like a person again.
I'm currently taking Remeron in the evenings and Wellbutrin in the mornings for my depression but am plagued by the dissociation. Without going into too many details, almost three years ago, I experienced several traumatic events within seven months of each other including a near death experience, major hospitalization, and death of my mother. Soon after my mother's burial is when the dissociation started.
I constantly feel as if I'm in a dream. I know I'm not but it's like I'm looking at the world through a heavy fog. I'm often forgetful, lack concentration, and get disoriented.
My psychiatrist said I'm having a cognitive response to the trauma I've experienced. It has improved some over the past two years but it still persists.
Can anyone offer inspiration, advice, or self-care tips that have helped them overcome? Thank you!

Hugs from:
Breaking Dawn

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn