Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,730 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 17, 2020 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avacado View Post
Hello. I am having trouble with my mom. She has been drinking more and more lately and I dont know what to do. She gets so angry sometimes, at both me and my siblings. And I get so anxious when she drinks. When either of my parents drink (i only live with my mom. My dad is a recovered alcoholic). I feel so angry and frustrated with her. My mother drinking is making me start to develop feelings of resentment towards her and I dont like it. Im not close to her anymore. She thinks we are, but we arent. I feel worried to even talk to her about anything. She also has this idea in her head that she is the ideal mother.

But back to the point. Why do i get so anxious and angry when she drinks? I often get to the point where I get argumentative and confrontational with her. Also, why does she drink? Even though she knows I hate it.
She is an alcoholic that why she is drinking. Ask yourself how many people in your family drinks beside your parents? Have you thought about going to an alcoholic anonymously and seeking help? I'm sorry that you are going through this. Is there someplace you can go when she drinks?
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote