View Single Post
DechanDawa
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2020 at 12:28 AM

My thesis was arranged in three parts so that made it a little easier. I think I took until the end of summer to finish and worked on one part each month. But to start I had a rough draft of the whole thing.

My problem was rewrites. The professor who was guiding me through the process had me rework and rewrite whole sections. I often didn't agree with her. But I could see if I didn't comply she would never sign me off. So there was a bit of a power play which I didn't like.

Much of my thesis contained Sanskrit words and that was difficult to format. I had a friend help me. This was years ago when computer programs weren't sophisticated.

I am sorry to say that although parts of my thesis were reprinted online...and it was used as a basis for a curriculum...it is all a dim memory. It wasn't my favorite project. It wasn't my best project. I was exhausted at the end of a vigorous three-year program.

My advice is set it up in a way that makes working on it easy...then bite the bullet. It doesn't have to be your best work, or perfect work. It has to be finished work.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote