View Single Post
SlumberKitty
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jul 2018
117.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 19, 2020 at 04:31 PM

Hi @BabyLoves, SH means self harm. Another word for self injury. Some people call it cutting or self mutilation (I don't like either of those terms) I usually just call it SH.

I'm sorry you have an eating disorder. I'm overweight too. Mine is partially because of the anti-psychotic medication that I take. I've gained weight since being on it and it makes me constantly hungry. The other part is probably genetic. Most of my aunts are bigger. I don't know a lot about eating disorders, so I am not too sure what to say. Do you have a therapist? Might be worth looking into. I'm sorry your family member is controlling. That has to suck. I live with my parents so I just eat whatever they make. Basically we eat a lot of chicken and green beans and potatoes.

I was hospitalized this year for SH. Well the ER doctor thought I was suicidal despite me telling him I wasn't. That kind of sucked. Well, it was pretty awful actually. Have you been hospitalized recently? I hope I don't ever have to be hospitalized again. Sometimes I think I need to go to the hospital though. I missed four days of work though and was hospitalized for six days.

I'm not sure but I think there might be an eating disorder forum on Psych Central. You might be able to get some better responses if you post your post there. But you are totally welcome to post here too. Maybe some others will have some good advice for you. I wish you the best. HUGS if wanted, Kit

Hugs from:
96reppirtyad