View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default May 20, 2020 at 07:04 AM

It seems like some relief is happening. My theory is this. The lumbar curve area is a weak area generally. When I lie on my back stress is put on the area. Because I have a larger rear end keeping the curve from fully getting support. I use pillows under my legs to stabilize the area but still there is a slight stress. When I sit or stand this stress is less because the stress is on different muscles. So after two months of lying on my back much more than usual -- the lumbar curve area was weak and stressed. Then I directly challenged the area by lying back in an awkward position and stretching over my head and -- it failed.

So I went out and purchased a back stabilizer. This takes about 20% pressure off that area. Sort of lifting up my torso. With that I sit all day. And truly by the end of the day it doesn't feel like I have a problem.

But it isn't good to wear that all the time less your muscles get weak so at 6 I take it off and sit on the couch with a pillow and a hot pad on my lumbar area. The hot is supposed to bring circulation to the area and I swear that is the best treatment. After about two hours of that I go to bed. I usually sleep on my back but I saw something yesterday that said I should sleep in the fetal position to give the lumbar curve a rest. So I have been doing that. Either sleep on my right or my left.

I had a thought last night... I have had terrible back problems since the start of this year and you know what else happened at the start of this year? I moved my TV from the dresser on the left side of my bed to the bureau which is directly in front of the bed. So I think I have encouraged more lying flat to watch tv as opposed to slightly side ways.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady