View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default May 21, 2020 at 11:38 AM

Have you heard any news?

I'm also worried I will lose my job, because I am a fairly new hire at 8.5 months in. At the end of March I was furloughed until further notice. A few weeks ago I was told not to expect to be recalled until the end of June or July. At that time I was told not to worry, but was warned if the lockdown persists for many more months, I may lose my position.

If you are known to be a hard worker who gets along with others, there is a really good chance you will not lose your job, unless the company plans to eliminate it for financial reasons or goes out of business. Obviously, in that case it wouldn't be due to your performance. If your position is eliminated, can you work in your previous department once your workplace opens? It may not be ideal but at least you would have money coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the walls View Post
- my promotion may have been partly due to work politics. obviously i can do the job, and some people in management saw potential (or were they using me for political gain?) but i haven't had enough time to prove myself.
Why would you be promoted for political gain? Who would benefit from it? Your manager? Based on what I read, merit seems to be the reason behind your promotion.

If you show potential and talent most decent employers will provide you with opportunities that will allow you to learn and grow.