catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 21, 2020 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
I'm glad to hear you got your surgery appt rescheduled.

Thank you blue. You are always so kind and supportive to me. I am deeply grateful

But I'm also sorry to hear about your therapist. Did she at least say why she won't commit to seeing clients ever again? I think you deserve to know if she hasn't told you.

Yeah. She had a severe case of pneumonia during the winter of '18. She was hospitalized for 3 months and barely made it through. She's terrified (like, I mean truly PTSD type terrified) of catching anything that will compromise her breathing.

I have compassion for her fear. I just don't believe that she is making a healthy choice for clients who have been doing intense trauma work, to say that she will not be doing therapy in person again.

What are you going to do now for therapy? Did this therapist even offer suggestions of other therapists who you could see instead of her?

Telemedicine. But my T said she doesn't think trauma work by video is a good idea. I don't either, and I don't understand the purpose of watered-down therapy. I'm horribly angry and having damned psychotic symptoms.

Seeing another therapist...my insurance only covers the clinic my current T is in. The only other therapist who works with trauma/mentally ill clients is young, new and not someone I feel drawn to, at all.

I feel terribly betrayed. And re-traumatized.

Thank you, blue for listening to me vent.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, ~Christina