View Single Post
Goforward

Member Since Jan 2019
838 hugs
given
Default May 21, 2020 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker33 View Post
Thank you. What I meant was not really how do you treat psychosis. It was rather a question of your identity and self confidence. How does one cope with the fact he's mentally ill and can't trust his own experience. Admitting psychosis is very difficult for my self esteem.
Dear seeker33,
I think I know what you mean. The psychosis is just a symptom of a chronic illness which is labelled a mental illness. Personally, I'm OK with it, in part, because I'm a nurse and have taken care of people like me. They're just sick. And boy do I get it now. Recently I had to deal with a person in my apartment building who was prejudiced and fearful of people who have a mental illness. He was trying to get me evicted because he was afraid of me......I'm 5'6" and weigh 125lbs. I am an excellent tenant whereas he get complaints of noise made against him. Anyway he has no case but how annoying, unfair and anxiety provoking is that! Yes my self esteem is intact but I can't help but feel miffed that this person can even be heard and believed.
Goforward is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote