View Single Post
Anonymous35014

Default May 22, 2020 at 05:45 AM

Quote:
Thank you blue. You are always so kind and supportive to me. I am deeply grateful
Yeah. She had a severe case of pneumonia during the winter of '18. She was hospitalized for 3 months and barely made it through. She's terrified (like, I mean truly PTSD type terrified) of catching anything that will compromise her breathing.

I have compassion for her fear. I just don't believe that she is making a healthy choice for clients who have been doing intense trauma work, to say that she will not be doing therapy in person again.

Telemedicine. But my T said she doesn't think trauma work by video is a good idea. I don't either, and I don't understand the purpose of watered-down therapy. I'm horribly angry and having damned psychotic symptoms.

Seeing another therapist...my insurance only covers the clinic my current T is in. The only other therapist who works with trauma/mentally ill clients is young, new and not someone I feel drawn to, at all.

I feel terribly betrayed. And re-traumatized.

Thank you, blue for listening to me vent.
You're welcome.

I can only imagine your frustration with your therapist. I'm sorry to hear that the only other trauma therapist is someone you don't connect with.

If you aren't already going to a community mental health clinic, is there any way to go to such a clinic or free or low-cost (i.e., sliding scale) therapy? I don't know how insurance works with those places, but people on this forum do go to these community clinics. Of course, the therapists there might not be that great compared to private therapists, but you could certainly try out someone there to see if you connect at all. After all, you don't connect with the other lady in your current office anyway, so I don't think it would hurt to look into a community clinic.

Also -- and I don't know if this is true for everyone because I've never done this myself -- sometimes churches can assist in getting someone free or low-cost therapy. Here's a good article about it: How to Find Someone to Talk to When You Can't Afford Therapy

Hope that info helps.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*