View Single Post
alittlelikemusic

Member Since Oct 2018
94 hugs
given
Default May 23, 2020 at 11:35 PM

I was worried to see that there aren't really any success stories in the PTSD forum. Has anyone had any success finding and keeping a job? If so, how are you managing/coping at the workplace?

I have Complex PTSD and have never held a job for even an entire year. I think the longest was 7 or 8 months. Every job I have gotten after that seems to last shorter and shorter. I just can't seem to be around other people for too long. Eventually, I'll find myself in a situation where I'm paralyzed by anxiety and my fight or flight response kicks in. I always feel like I'm going to lose control and have a breakdown or something.

I'm living with my mom and have been unemployed for about three months now. I absolutely dread looking for another job. I keep thinking that the same thing will just happen over and over again. Soon, depression will take over and I'll start coming in late, making excuses for why I can't come in to work, and then I'll ultimately be fired.

I know it can't stay like this forever because my mother is old and I can't rely on her forever. I fear I'll be homeless someday.

So, any advice? Or success stories?
alittlelikemusic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Yaowen