Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,633 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 24, 2020 at 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLady View Post
Regardless if this is true or not, by your own perception, your husband is being abusive. What do you mean he "twists your arm literally"?

If you're choosing to stay in this relationship, I would use this information as ammunition to LOSE THAT WEIGHT. Get your power back by resisting his attempts, knowing he "wants" to keep you in a form that makes "him" feel more secure.

No longer take his advice. Everytime he pushes, smile, then dig your heels. You've got this!
Thank you, MsLady.

He says things like "come on, this won't hurt you. It's just a croissant. it's the weekend" - even though I am protesting, saying I'm dieting and telling him "no". Even after I've said those things, he still tries to convince me to eat the fattening food. I have weak willpower when it comes to sweets, and he knows this.

So yeah, I'm going to have to get crazy determined, dig in my heels and get my strength back.

I'm just super pissed off that he does this to me. It's his own insecurity talking.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote