View Single Post
rdgrad15
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
199 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 24, 2020 at 04:00 PM

Just out of curiosity, if someone is mad at you, would you prefer someone to yell at you or be very sarcastic and give backhanded compliments? For me, I would rather someone be very sarcastic and give backhanded compliments. The reason is because I know it's possible for people who yell and scream to lose control of themselves.

They may become unpredictable. I've known some people in the past and still know people now that scream when they are angry. They may resort to hitting, throwing stuff, stomping around, and just generally making a fool of themselves. I don't think yelling is a good idea since it only provokes fear and may even cause someone to respond negatively even if they are not the subject of the person's anger.

When I see someone losing total control of themselves, I'm always ready for them to either hit, throw something, or just be very irrational especially if there is no good reason for the anger. Meanwhile, I know some other people that, instead of yelling and losing control of themselves, they will resort to sarcasm and giving out backhanded compliments. Not saying it is any nicer. It can still be rude, but I don't feel like I am on guard for any swift and unreasonable actions the person may do.

Basically, I feel more at ease with someone who just resorts to sarcasm and backhanded compliments. The only downfall for some people would be if they don't understand sarcasm, they may not catch on that someone is angry, which could anger the person who is being sarcastic even more. I've seen that happen a few times unfortunately. Overall, I find it easier to deal with someone who is being sarcastic and delivering snarky, snide, and calculating backhanded compliments over someone who is screaming their face off and may even appear to be unpredictable. What would you guys prefer? Just wondered what you all thought.
rdgrad15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote