View Single Post
Omers
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2010
3,133 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 27, 2020 at 11:07 AM

I was around 16. My teachers were worried about me and sent me to my guidance counselor who I though was completely daft but kind. She talked me into seeing a friend of hers that was a therapist. She sent me to her because that T was willing to work with a minor without parental concent and at a significantly reduced fee. She was very kind and I found we went to the same church (she was in the choir and I taught Sunday school so our paths never really crossed). Anyway... she was not a good T for me. We tried to work together for 4 years but it just kept getting worse so I found another T... who ghosted me after the second session (she had underestimated my trauma history and couldn’t deal with what I had disclosed)... so I asked 1st T for a referral and got on a waiting list. Meanwhile I worked with a student who was aweful! Then onto the one who I was referred to. T4 was all CBT and only worked with trauma. She helped get my symptoms controlled but said I wouldn’t ever heal any more than that... fast forward 20 years and 5+ more T’s and now I am with someone that is very good with me and completely different than my past experiences.

Wild eyed with fear
-Blackmoores Night
Omers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty