View Single Post
brimaiski

Member Since Jun 2019
Default May 27, 2020 at 11:54 AM

Hey guys. I appreciate the help, but I'm not going to report this. The police in my city absolutely DO NOT care. I've been robbed at gunpoint, I've had my house broken into. When I was robbed the cops asked me "Well what were you doing out here at night anyway?" (I was walking to my car after night classes. It was like 7 pm. Screw me, right?) The crime rate here is 4x the national average. A few years ago a girl was pulled into a car, with witnesses, and gang-raped. There was camera footage and those guys STILL were not charged. A little girl was assaulted and murdered, with ample evidence, and her attacker was just released. Nope. I won't trust the justice system here with a rape that had no evidence, no witnesses, and where I willingly went to his apartment to hook up and drank and smoked. That is never in a million years going to lead to a conviction. And I know that he has friends and people and that he knows where I live. Sorry, I want to stay alive here. And I don't want the whole world picking apart this horrible time in my life and making it worse.
I would really love some support on the emotional end though. Strategies for moving forward, dealing with panic attacks, handling flashbacks..
brimaiski is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ARaven0137, Discombobulated, KD1980, MsLady, Raindropvampire, Travelinglady