View Single Post
Cardooney

Member Since Jan 2019
101 hugs
given
Default May 27, 2020 at 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
You have to do something. As you know and as it has been said in the thread, smoking pot is not a healthy habit but it’s even worse for your adolescent guy.
I can understand that your husband has an idilic idea of weed because in the end, this is what he was taught by his mother but he should see how much he depends on it to cope with his daily life. I don’t think he wants this for your child.

Talk with him and tell him that you talked to a doctor about it and how harmful it may be for your kid’s brain development. Any habit a parent may encourage is gonna be of big predicament for their kids, and an unhealthy habit but that has a shortage recompense is gonna be even more appealing. He’s being harmful for your kid without knowing it.
He also has to think that he’s his father and not his friend.
Somehow you have to make him understand it so the cycle won’t be repeat.
Thank you.

I have spoken to my husband many times about this. Depending where he is at in his addiction, his responses differ. Now that he works at the weed store he has all the justification he needs to worship weed and these products even more, and I feel like he no longer cares AT ALL. He 100% believes that being high literally every minute of the day is normal and good and really I don’t think he cares if our son does the same. If he cared, he’d have to change something himself and he is not willing to do so.

He also had a major mental breakdown these last few years and I think he is satisfied that he isn’t suicidal. He feels better when he is high, but if that really worked then obviously he wouldn’t smoke all the time. I don’t know how he doesn’t get tired of it. It’s so obsessive.

He has cried about his addiction in the past, but i honestly believe those days are over forever.

I really do believe he is being a bad parent, and I have told him so. He just says I have a problem with weed, although he knows that is not true. And he says our son is an adult. I remind him that our son is a teen, too young to smoke lawfully, is still growing, and needs his dad to show him limits. Last night my son WAS going to bed at a decent time so he can get up for work this morning but instead goes out to smoke with dad after dad brought home late night snacks. He was up another hour or so, and not surprisingly had to be woken up for work this morning. I told my husband that perhaps our son would wake up on time if he had more rest and less smoking. Husband says weed doesn’t contribute and it’s not his fault our son smoked. I said why don’t you just tell him no? I have told him no and he has listened.

The other morning, I caught son outside smoking at 7:35 am before work at 8am. I told him that was b.s. and he should work sober, and he said “but I’ve been sober every other day the last two weeks I worked there.” (New job) I told my husband that son was outside smoking before work, and his response was “cool. He’ll be on time.” (Because son is chronically late) and it was only 735. I said uh not cool, and he hasn’t even showered yet. Son skipped shower so he wouldn’t be late.
So my husband thinks it is 100 percent fine for our son to go to work high.
This is what I’m working with.

I also talk to my son about it, but since his dad gives him the green light he really has no motivation to listen to me. My son is content with his choices and doesn’t believe he is addicted. He most definitely is though. Maybe he wouldn’t even care if he is addicted anyway and maybe he knows he is. The payoff is just worth it. It’s like someone caring if they are addicted to coffee..most people don’t.

I’m at a loss.
Cardooney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote