View Single Post
Cardooney

Member Since Jan 2019
101 hugs
given
Default May 27, 2020 at 09:43 PM

I just had a talk with my son and it went alright.

He said there is no problem, nothing negative, and asked why I would care if someone is always stoned. (I have wondered if that’s why his last gf dumped him, but didn’t say that). I just said it’s obvious and he is maybe enjoying being high too much to think of those answers.

He said that he and his dad are bonding by smoking. I said it’s just talking about weed, and he said yes at first, but it’s something to build on and they’ve never talked or related like that before. He said his dad has been a ****** dad and he has lived his life around his dads problems, and he thinks his dad is doing better because he is not suicidal. he said for himself, he is smoking medicinally and/or gets blazed with the boys and is thinking independently.

I asked him if he would be doing the same with his son when he is a father, and he said no and he said it is an unhealthy dynamic. I explained that in present day scenario, he IS the son and it’s equally unhealthy and I just don’t condone the level of use, and I just want him to know another viewpoint. He got pissed and said something like he is not like his dad etc etc. which was awkward. I just said well i am glad you are thinking for yourself but you may not be aware of the big picture.

He didn’t say he will stop or slow down and he said his dad has been ******, so I feel like nothing is better but at least I spoke up loud and clear so he knows that I am concerned and care about him.

I feel very awkward talking against my husband especially when my husband doesn’t care except that I’m giving him static.
Cardooney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3