Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 28, 2020 at 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdadd View Post
I've felt more immature than my peers ever since I was eight. And now, after reaching adulthood, it's become more obvious to others as well. I break into tears if someone raises their voice or curses at me, I don't know how to take out my frustrations and end up doing something stupid, I'm extremely dependent on others, I can't handle criticism, and I can't talk through my issues without crying or having a panic attack. Multiple people have now told me they're scared to say anything negative to me because I "won't be able to handle it," and that everyone "walks on eggshells" around me. Is this just a flawed personality trait, or could it be something more serious? I've been trying to improve for years but nothing seems to work.

(Sorry if emotional immaturity isn't what I should be calling it. I don't know what else it could be called.)
there is no one cause for emotional immaturity. human beings are not clones of each other, so they dont develop or react the same ways as each other. each person has their own ways they learn and grow, experience emotions, some people are shy, some are outgoing, some cry when they fall down others laugh, some get scared while watching scarey movies others enjoy that adreneline rush from watching a scary movie. some people fly off the handle in rage where others take time to think things through.

if you feel you are experiencing emotional immaturity contact your treatment providers, they may know of classes like anger management or other things that can help you to learn about emotions and how to show them in a way that you are not feeling immature.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341

Thanks for this!
mattdadd