Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since May 2013
22.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 29, 2020 at 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
Great question SP. I'm the kind of person that is happy with what I have right now. Sometimes I am anticipating or looking forward to something, like right now I am looking forward to my birthday next month even though what I want to do (go to the Aquarium) maybe I won't be able to because of COVID 19. But I'm happy with how things are now and most of the time that is how I am. I don't look too much into the future. We aren't promised tomorrow. I like to do this thing where you try to be grateful for things in alphabetical order. It really helps me stay in the here and now and see how blessed I am. I try not to live in the past at all. The past is the past and it cannot be changed nor can it hurt me. I have a pretty good life. I have parents who love me, I have a job to go to. I have a car. I have enough money to pay my bills. I live with my parents who help me with stuff like cooking, cleaning, and laundry. I'd rather be content with what I have then always keep looking for something better.

That’s the perfect example with the aquarium where it’s hoping but not expecting....I usually plan for the worst outcome but hope for the best. I feel like it keeps me balanced.

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty