View Single Post
ARaven0137
Veteran Member

Member Since Feb 2020
359 hugs
given
Default May 30, 2020 at 06:31 AM

You are very insightful and I absolutely enjoyed the poetic touch to your response. I've known him for a year and a half now and he sees me as this romantic caretaker figure. His family life is very unstable and his father rejects him because of his behavior and the fact that he's well into his 20s with no future. While his mother is more caring, she much favors the other brothers who are better behaved and have jobs and families. His obsession with me has caused a lot more discord at his home as he has destroyed property and caused physical fights with his family members. His only intimate relationship with a girl was ten years ago with a much older girl. He has poor social skills and his behavior seems stuck at 15, the age of his last relationship.

He sees a love/romantic relationship as ownership. I'm to be his and his alone and care for him entirely, financially, emotionally and sexually and that, to him, such a relationship is 24 hour a day sex. I told him many times that I was put off by his hypersexual and overwhelmingly sexually aggressive behavior with non stop pics and videos. As you intuited, he constantly put me in this mothering role, which I fell into initially. Even when he began to become overly needy and clingy I initially gave more and more and more until I had nothing left to give as a friend. I was afraid to reject him outright as he would then threaten self harm. I soon became an emotional hostage. Again, as you intuited, he was an emotional black hole, feeding off of any attention I would give him. My so much as talking to another man would result in a tantrum with him calling me all of the things associated with a promiscuous woman. It was this horrible cycle of him then sobbing and begging forgiveness, blaming it on me and alcohol and then starting all over again.

This was my final text to him before the final block.

Quote:
You crossed the line for the final time
I am done
I am just letting you know this
Goodbye L***
Have a nice life
Try to be well but you will not be part of my life
I gave you so many chances
You fired off one last vile salvo
so you and I are done
for good
Goodbye L***. Do not attempt to contact me again
Well, unfortunately, that is not the end of the story because he is now going to mutual friends or people on my friends list to try and have them convince me to "take him back." In one case, a guy from our group reintroduced himself at a coffee shop I frequent, armed with only L's version of events. Over coffee, I patiently showed him all of the horrible things L's said to me and how I'm just supposed to be L's 24 hour a day sex toy. He left, convinced that L's version of events were delusional and that L was, indeed, a stalker.

I can take care of myself, but I am definitely concerned that he will show up and I have no wish for a confrontation. He has told some of these mutual friends that he will come and convince me to take him back.

Thank you again for your insight and for a well thought out, poetic post.
ARaven0137 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote