View Single Post
guy1111

Member Since Apr 2018
Default May 31, 2020 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
I came across this video talk and found it VERY helpful. I am definitely one who asks the why and listening to this really helped me see some things in a different way. And actually, it does go along with what I shared about the Well analogy.

What is emotional blackmail and why to people do that? - Yahoo Video Search Results

Ok, this just shows my general search, sorry.

The one that helped me is "why do people emotionally abuse"

YouTube
Cool stuff. It was mentioned, the blackmailer will actually be asking for legitimate needs sometimes but goes about it in the wrong way. Self sabatoge. I'm starting to try and put less emphasis on understanding her and more on understanding myself. But since we're talking about it, I kinda feel bad. She goes on these long rants for days/weeks but ends them with, "I'm done. I don't want to hear anything you have to say." So we never get to solutions. I hope eventually she runs out of steam and in desperation asks me for help. Either way, I'm at the point where I can't turn back. I can't play these games with her. I can't give in to the blackmail. She can't hold my thoughts, feelings and needs hostage any more. I am starting to really feel like a good person inside. I refuse to give that to her. If she wants to work things out, she needs to come to the table ready to talk like civilized adults.
guy1111 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes