View Single Post
FluffyDinosaur
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2019
31 hugs
given
Default Jun 02, 2020 at 03:21 PM

Hey Beth,

I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what you're going through and I can really relate. I haven't experienced the sort of abuse you have, but I have felt the frustration of having shared something personal and then realizing that it hasn't come through. And it can be really awful feeling unable to effectively convey how you're doing and what you're experiencing.

I also share your hatred of video sessions. I have the exact same feeling that it has destroyed the close bond that I so carefully cultivated. I'm trying to be hopeful that it can be restored, but I find that difficult to really believe. I also have the unpopular opinion that the mass hysteria surrounding covid-19 and the damage caused by the hysteria (such as the cost in mental health) is far, far worse than the virus itself, which is indeed a nasty virus but not the unprecedented plague it's made out to be. For me, seeing all that mass hysteria just feeds the helplessness and the anxiety that society is totally unhinged and I have no idea if and when my access to therapy will be taken away again.

It makes me angry that such drastic and damaging measures (denying people proper mental health care) were taken when it would have been enough to just keep our distance from each other and exercise basic hygiene. I can understand closing down restaurants and theaters, but breaking down essential parts of the health care system is ridiculous and unnecessary, in my opinion. I don't really have any help to offer, just wanted to say I'm sorry and I think I understand part of what you're feeling.
FluffyDinosaur is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*

Thanks for this!
*Beth*