Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2011
306 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 03, 2020 at 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2011 View Post
She cares about how other people are doing, like that Arby's coworker.

I just don't want my current supervisor to actually start ignoring me like the Arby's supervisor did. She actually got mad whenever I talked to her. That was before she kicked me to the curb.

Just yesterday, I asked my current supervisor why he brushed me aside whenever I talked to him. I would say stuff and he immediately asked me to run an order out for drive thru, for instance without actually hearing what I had said. I had an outburst and b*tched that it isn't fair. He explained that it was busy during lunch rush and he needed things done at that moment. And that he doesn't personally hate me. Next time I work, I need to remind him I'm dealing with the effect of the Arby's supervisor who hurt me.
Ruby, I am sorry you had that traumatizing experience. I have experienced something similar--not the exact circumstances, but I have experienced a trauma, and then was re-traumatized later. Maybe this will help. Try doing what the others suggest: saying less on the job, and just doing the duties you are given. However! I would also suggest that you tell your job developer that you feel re-traumatized and you would like assistance in dealing with that, and that you think that is a reasonable request. Because it is a reasonable request to ask for help.

Now, it could be that the job developer's duties don't extend to this. But he or she should be able to find you a resource to help you with this or to point you in the right direction.

Sometimes people become so focused on the task at hand they 'forget' that they are dealing with real live human beings (and not something out of the job training manual or textbook.) Also not all supervisors are good at all areas of supervision.

In this situation, you might be better off asking the supervisor for a moment of his or her time when they are not busy.

I do not know where you live (nor do I need to know--please be careful about telling people online personal information). However, you might find this helpful: NAMI Connection | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group is a free, peer-led support group for any adult who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others, and the groups are led by trained leaders who've been there. This is free of cost, and designed for people 18 or older with mental health conditions.

I hope what I have written is helpful. If the NAMI group does not apply to you, it might be useful for someone else reading this post.

You are to be commended for caring about your work, Ruby. I always appreciated having conscientious employees.
IceCreamKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
unaluna