Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 03, 2020 at 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdDancer View Post
Thanks, bpcyclist!

As for the Invega, it's very similar to Risperdal. I know that some men can get bad side effects from them (breast size increase), but not all do. I don't think all women do, either, but from stories I've heard, hyperprolactenemia from these two meds is not rare in women. I did find both great at fighting mania. When I took Risperdal (a couple years before the Invega), it did not make me depressed, and the weight gain was minor. The only reason why I went off the Risperdal was probably because of the hyperprolactenemia, or maybe because of the usual medication overhauls we often get during hospitalizations. [I tried quitting meds a couple times during that period with disastrous results.] They are the only two antipsychotics that ever gave me that side effect.
I was on Risperdal for years, the IM cersion. Put me in a zombified state. Hated it. Pretty suire it made my depression worse, too. Awful for me.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341