Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 03, 2020 at 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmingly View Post
This is definitely an intriguing question and I've enjoyed reading the answers thus far.

I think I'm all over the board with this. I'm recently out of the hospital (91 days and counting), and five years since initial diagnosis but learning so much every single day. I'm fighting my symptoms every day, but they are the little ones that exhaust me now. They feel petty next to the ones that other posters have mentioned so far, I'm stuck in a longer cycle of depression currently.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'm monitoring the little things now, like am I showering. Am I snapping at my kids? Am I able to sleep well with a slightly reduced dose of trazodone?

The hardest one for me is the showering. Someone on another forum gave me some insight last night to check google for more info on that. When I don't shower, its a sign that I'm not taking care of myself.

Am I missing the mark on this? Set me straight please. I want to take part effectively in the conversations here.

Oh yikes showering, I won’t even comment on that. I can’t set you straight on anything though, that is not my role here (or anywhere)

Maybe not being able to set someone straight on their wrong judgments could be a symptom of my being dangerously close to no longer being on this planet.... since I find judgmental people not to be to my personal taste

Oh.... and just for the record... for any lurkers who may misunderstand me, I do not “hate doctors”.... one of my dearest and most trusted friends is a retired shrink. I would not be here maybe if it were not for a few who have been trained as professionals who listen..... unlike what I have found repeatedly in my forest judgment
“what a drag it is getting old
She is running for the shelter
Of mother’s little helper”
“to help her on her ...
Doctor please
Some more of these
Outside the door
She took 4 more
What a drag it is ......”

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bpcyclist, swimmingly

Thanks for this!