catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 03, 2020 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyDinosaur View Post
I'm really sorry and I empathize because I feel the exact same way. I trusted my therapist to be the one stable factor that I could always rely on and that I could use as a foundation for getting better. Then, at the first sign of trouble, that whole foundation crumbled and they all just left me in free fall for months. It's like they didn't think helping me was important enough to arrange any kind of proper care. I feel so deeply, deeply betrayed. I used to think my therapist really cared about me, but now I feel like all of mental health care is just a charade of people pretending to give a damn for a living, then just going home and not giving a rat's *** whether or not I'm dying inside. Now, the sessions just feel empty and meaningless because how can I genuinely talk to someone when I'm convinced they couldn't care less about me?

I'm also trying to stay positive and not become too bitter, but having a hard time of it. I hope next time I talk to my therapist we can talk this over and reach some kind of resolution, but I suspect this is yet another thing that's going to take a lot of time to heal.

What can I say, except...I could have written your post. I am so, so sorry that this therapy let-down, which is so painful, is happening to any of us. I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
FluffyDinosaur