Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 04, 2020 at 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1111 View Post
Two days ago you seemed fairly positive avout your relationship. Now you are worrying about the surrounding issues in your life. I think maybe focusing on the positive might help. You said you were sad on your date, but he tried to make you laugh. Maybe now is the time to stand up and ask him to get some help. Try to make it a postive. Don't say you need to get help or I'm out of here. Tell him you love him and want things to be even better than they are. Explain that couples therapy helps people grow together. Say it will take your relationship to the next level. (Better sex, maybe!) If he gets upset and feels threatened, give him a day to cool off and keep smiling. Maybe he will see that you are just trying to help.
Thanks for the words of advice, guy... I appreciate it.

I am very up and down right now. It is just the nature of things at the moment.

One day I feel fine and OK, and the next, I am down in the dumps about everything.

I don't know about pushing therapy right now. I just do not know. Our agreement was that we would go to therapy IF he loses his temper on me again. I feel like I have to stick to that plan and stick to my word on that. If I backtrack, it will muddy things and will force me to verbalize to him the issues I have in our marriage, and I am not ready to face that yet with him. I am just not ready.

I need time. I am processing everything happening in my mind and on my own, and I have new thoughts and emotions every single day.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, giddykitty

Thanks for this!
guy1111