View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 04, 2020 at 08:44 AM

Because here where I live, apartment owners require first month's rent, last month's rent plus full security deposit which equals one month's rent. So that's THREE months rent UPFRONT required. PLUS moving expense.. I would be required to hire a mover due to large furniture and the amount of furniture. So all of that combined equals about 5K! OR MORE! It's insane! And rarely does one find an apartment that does not require all of these upfront costs... usually, those places are shacks and dumps.

I have always been independent, aside from the time period where I had to live with my parents. Prior to a certain age, I lived with roommates. Then I lived on my own for about 15 years or more.

You have to understand that I live in one of the TOP most expensive cities in the entire country.

And no , I need to be close to my work, or within a reasonable driving distance. I also need to be close enough to my social life.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Jun 04, 2020 at 09:46 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely, giddykitty