DazedandConfused254

Member Since Jul 2017
333 hugs
given
Default Jun 04, 2020 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging vortex View Post
I learned to swear at the age of 9

my mother introduced me to southpark at that age, I didn't know any diffrent... I just coppied what they said on the episode

that said: I hardly ever swear. I might sometimes mutter the odd word under my breath, but never out loud

as for music with swearing in it, it depends on the context

their are some songs where I will listen to it because it's okay to me, but other times (when they are making fun of a person/ race/ what ever, I won't)

I like the lonely island song I'm on a boat. it just makes me laugh
Thanks for sharing! I don’t watch South Park but it was the most talked about show when I was in high school lol

I’m actually pretty similar to you. Most people who know me well know that I view swearing negatively so I don’t do it except for extreme circumstances.

Much of my music of my childhood (rock n roll, alt rock) has profanity and heavy topics (sex, drug use), but I knew early on not to let that music or other media influence me. Now that I’m expanding my horizons but also don’t want to engage in songs that are outright tolerant of violence, racism and hook ups, I don’t like a lot of modern music, particularly hip hop. But I will still keep an open mind, as long as those features are not the driving force to the music. So it’s refreshing to find someone else who has the same judgment.

"If you can dream it you can do it!" ~ Walt Disney
DazedandConfused254 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32451