View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jun 04, 2020 at 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goforward View Post
I haven't tried more then several but among those Geodon was the all time worst. I had dental issues including teeth grinding, biting of buccal membrane and weird oral sounds I couldn't control. Also I couldn't sleep at all on Geodon. By far the worst side effect was the perineal muscle tensing. So glad I stopped it and went on Seroquel which I tolerate well.
Hi Goforward. I have had an issue with bruxism (mostly daytime) for a long time. Thinking back, I believe the worst of it was on Geodon, as you mentioned. Some of my teeth are quite noticeably worn down. A number of weeks ago, I looked at a photo of me smiling when I was about 21 years old. My front teeth were clearly longer than than they are now. Plus, my teeth had little ridges (?) that I've long since worn down. I had to get root canals in both of my front teeth. The endodontist said that the bruxism was surely the culprit. She said that my teeth are as worn down as some elderly peoples'. It's eased a bit since I went off of Geodon, but I still notice myself grinding and clenching. It is a habit I can date back to my youth. I know it's all related to stress and frustration.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
*Beth*, bpcyclist, Goforward

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist