View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 04, 2020 at 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlumberKitty View Post
Hi guys. I had to get my blood drawn today for some lab work for my PCP. Of course my SH scars are mostly on my arms. I took my arm out of my sweatshirt (I had a tee-shirt on underneath) to get the blood drawn and laying my arm forearm up was triggering to me. Just having the technician see the scars. I talked about drinking water because last time I hadn't drank enough water and they had trouble getting the samples they needed. So I hope I sufficiently distracted her. I just feel "bad" that someone had to see my scars. I don't feel embarrassed, I just feel triggered and bad. I don't know how else to explain it. HUGS all, Kit

I relate. Blood draws are brutal on me. People seeing my old scars from 22 years ago triggers me. I feel overwhelming embarrassment unlike you though. It has to do with my misdiagnosis and how awful I was treated because of it.

I'm looking into body modification to conceal my scars, now that I have money. I am so desperate to get them covered up now. I can barely tolerate being constantly reminded of the past.

Do you know why you feel triggered and bad?

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty, StripedTapir

Thanks for this!
SlumberKitty