View Single Post
MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Jun 05, 2020 at 09:48 PM

I'm the opposite of this. I speak up even if it makes someone uncomfortable. I'm not mean, insensitive, or rude. I'm just blunt at times. I'm the "doer".. the one who thinks outside the box.. the one who speaks/thinks from a different angle. It's not a bad thing. I've been thanked many times. I've had friends leave their relationships because of something I've said. I think honesty is important and want others to treat me just the same.

I've also inadvertently offended. I've said things unclearly to the point it was misinterpreted. I've been "put in my place" more than once. Tell me and give me opportunity to apologize, explain, amd make it right.

At the end of the day, there needs to be a balance. If we offend, we learn to be more mindful of others. We all have different levels of tolerance, sensitivities, and openness. It's a bit of a dance.

Sometimes people are offended because a truth struck a chord within themselves they're not ready to face or address. Sometimes people are offended by how a message was delivered. So, if you've offended, apologize. Learn something. Don't censor yourself in fear you're going to upset someone. Be you and be kind. You meet likeminded people that way.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, Breaking Dawn, mote.of.soul, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
Breaking Dawn, mote.of.soul, Randle McMurphy, TunedOut, WastingAsparagus