View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 06, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Wish: Step away from the insistent negative news. I'm getting news daily that people I know are in crisis: one hasn't enough food, another feels trapped: too young to retire but currently out of work; all the yada yada spewing about COVID-19, everyone hollering across the civil hollow at one another .... ENOUGH! I'm stepping away for just one day. I'd like to do more, but with all the C-19 limits, there's no where that will take me in.

Outcome: reset my stamina, renew my strengths, recall my own intentions in the world, restore my compassion for those I love.

Obstacle: Technology (internet headlines), email, and my lovely partner. I originally thought I would get away for just myself. She invited herself along. It's been my experience that 90% of how she initiates talk starts off from the negative. Frankly, I don't think she has the discipline. I may have to schedule yet another day if she can't restrain herself. My own annoyance that I bear a burden on a day I'm hoping to slip from the loop of burdens for a day.

Plan: Remind her of the limits and that I decide what's a complaint or negative not her. Prepare to ask we travel in silence if she fails. (b) not look at email, not even a peak, till Sunday @ noon. Find a small book to bring that restores my spirits.
R

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna