View Single Post
newtus
The Dopamine Flux

Member Since Jun 2010
867 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 06, 2020 at 03:40 PM

Found an alternative to couples counseling since it’s so expensive. I read people tweeting about this app called Lasting. It’s a marriage counseling app. You pair your app on your phone with your partners on their phone. Same app for both of u. Unfortunately it does cost money. 15/month or like 79/yr.

But fiancé and I only started it last night and learned something about our relationship that we don’t agree on that we each didn’t know. All within the first 10 min of using the app.

What the app does is, it has 5 min courses. You and your partner take the same courses. But it’s so simple. You sign up with the app and do a relationship personality quiz as does your partner. You pair the app. You do a 5 min course that consists of one page of a couple of paragraphs. Then a multiple choice question about either u or your partner depending on the course content. Then you may or not write a few sentences on the last page question. It depends on if the course section has one or not. It takes 5 min. And once u both are done, the app walks you through and eases you through showing each other your answers.

I wouldn’t say it’s easy nor would I say it’s a replacement for couples therapy. But fiancé was adamant about not going to see a therapist. And it wouldn’t say it’s easy if it wasn’t. Because fiancé has adhd and has trouble reading. So for it to be a mix of a quiz, essay, and reading that only takes 5 min total, it works to get him engaged. And the incentive of seeing the other persons answers is eye opening.

So this seems to be doing the job!

The Dopamine Flux
www.thedopamineflux.com

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/MozePrayIII

newtus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, cogladaid, Desoxyn, SlumberKitty, Sometimes psychotic