View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Jun 07, 2020 at 09:26 PM

I'm realizing the value of the concept "A few measly steps a day." A friend of mine was married to a hoarder who passed away. That leaves her with the horrific task of dealing with his stuff. She's overwhelmed. I empathize. I can't imagine dealing with something that awful. And of course she's grieving the loss of someone she loved in the process. But I do know the only way to deal with it is by doing a few measly steps at at time.

For me - I'm having a lot of motivation problems. And sometimes the only reason I accomplish anything is that I've posted it here, and I want to post that I completed the step. So thanks for that. Case in point - I got the email off to my friends daughter, and I did a bit of editing. I also goofed a lot, but it would have been much worse if I didn't have this forum.

I have an auto mechanic story that may cheer you up, Revu2. When I worked in the hazardous materials program, we worked with a police investigator (I can't remember his exact title.) Anyway, he started working for us right after he'd finished a case against Sears. Sears' auto repair made a practice of doing work for customers that didn't need to be done. They settled for one million dollars.
Interestingly enough, soon after, I needed to replace a gasket on a water heater. They told me I needed a new water heater. Happy outcome - I called the water company, and they told the repair man exactly what needed to be replaced. And then . . . a rep from the water company came out to my house and showed the guy exactly what had to be done. Note - the water company had just changed their chlorination process which was why the gasket had to be replaced. That's probably why they were so helpful.

Wishing you happy outcomes.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote