View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 07, 2020 at 10:27 PM

Hey, several interesting strings in Delightful's last post.

(1) I'm realizing the value of the concept "A few measly steps a day." Yes, your friend has a big task. She's been adjusting to it for a good stretch of her marriage. My dad hoarded, and my youngest brother and I had the chore/burden/fun of dealing with it.

(2) For me - I'm having a lot of motivation problems … but it would have been much worse if I didn't have this forum. That's what we're here for.

(3) Sears ... settled for one million dollars. There was a big suit around the early 1990s and just last year another one. Class action suits are long, tedious, and most of the money goes to the attorneys. Still, you get a pinch of justice and that feels good. I'm currently looking for one against a fraud running on Indiegogo. I personally don't have the time and energy to lead it. Eventually there may be one against wrench.com. Meanwhile I'm getting my story onto Yelp, Google, and will find one of the venture capitalist firms after that and complain to them.

(4) Interestingly enough, soon after, I needed to replace a gasket on a water heater. Good outcome! KitchenAid (KA) fridge has a little fluted rubber cover for a drain sprout that channels small amounts of condensation while the machine is running. We found a flood one day as ice formed under the freezer compartment. Searching the web I found out about the part and how easy it was to DIY fix it (more or less). You had to pull the fridge forward, get to the part and clip the corners to make the hole larger. The burning thing was this whole time KA was selling me on extended warranty coverage and they raised in price the longer I didn't buy it. Guess what? this flooding thing happened about two years in, right in the middle of their warranty "protection." Yeah, Mafia style protection. For Shame, Kitchen Aid!
R

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote