Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Jun 08, 2020 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebicycle View Post
I feel so depressed... yet I feel hyper. I sure hope this episode I'm in isn't a mixed state, but it is looking more and more like one.

Anyway, I slept from about 11pm until 4:30am, and i feel awful mood wise. I wish I had a magic med that would make this episode go away, but my pdoc said Trileptal takes 2-4 weeks to kick in. Ughhh...

[Mini rant]: I hate how meds take so long to work (in general). You have to wait weeks to see if a med works or not, and if it doesn't work, then you have wasted weeks of time trying to get the episode under control.

I know some people here have been going through a lot worse than me, so I don't really have the right to complain. I just felt the need to rant about how slow meds take to work... (P.S. I am also on atorvastatin (Lipitor), which messes with your liver's metabolism with meds, which means I generally need high doses of meds, and unfortunately, I always have to start on low doses that aren't effective and spend more time titrating up...)
Hey Blue,

I am sorry you continue to suffer with this very challenging period of illness instability and frustration.

Your current challenges are every bit as valid as anyone else's challenges.

You've been kind of "teetering on the edge" for awhile now, with rather brief periods of some degree of relief in between the more challenging times.

As with other friends here, it's very important you find stabilization. Your employment, it seems, is at risk more often and for longer periods of time than in the past. (My perception of this could be off.)

I am hoping and praying you'll start feeling much better very soon.
In the meantime, is there any shorter-term prn you find helpful until you stabilize on the Trileptal?

Thinking of you, praying for you and hoping this uncomfortable period of time will be short, passing quickly.

Much love to You, My friend

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist, Fuzzybear, Sunflower123, ~Christina

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Fuzzybear, Nammu, ~Christina