Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 08, 2020 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1111 View Post
I just don't know anymore. I think maybe she just isn't mature/stable enough to handle talking about her issues. I threw her a softball question about her body image issues and she didn't want to talk about it.

I'm struggling to accept that I have to share my feelings here in an anonymous public forum. I'm so sensitive to issues of infidelity that even this feels like I'm not being faithful to her.

As a dude, I feel weird working on emotional issues. I contemplated reading romantic books or something to get my needs met. I'm very much not into that stuff, but I know that sexual fantasy can be an outlet for excessive sexual energy that a partner can't help you release. Safer than cheating. So wierd. I feel so weird right now. Maybe not being able to go to the gym is lowering my testosterone? Maybe I need to just go smash something? Just kidding.
Thing is, you cannot be the only one working on the issues in the relationship, Both of you should be working together and individually on the issues. The responsibility of the health and success of a relationship falls on both people's shoulders. It should be equally shared. Have you approached her with the fact that there is a lack of healthy communication between you, that when you approach her to talk about issues, she doesn't want to, and that it's a problem?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote