swimmingly
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
3,398 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2020 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmingly View Post
I'm definitely in full-blown mania. I've been able to sleep with help from my sleep meds, but I definitely notice a big difference in the quality and have been waking up more. I'm definitely way more irritable. I'm working too many hours, at least 12 daily, and through weekends. I'm pretty much a zombie. I'm hoping mania passes fast. Believe it or not, I feel so much more comfortable in a nice long depression. I think I'm so used to it... and have better coping skills for that mode. I printed a ton of grounding techniques for mania, and put a bunch as reminders in my phone and notes, in hopes that I'll have the keenness to be able to use them when the time arises. This is my first switch back since my mania bout in the hospital. I'm a little nervous.

This was me on 6/6, just two days ago. I woke up this morning feeling like I'm floating outside of my body. Not in mania at all. Just in my baseline zone. I've never had anything like that happen before.

I've only been watching for symptoms of BP for 5 years now. I feel like a newbie.

Only had two big bouts of Mania, once when I was triggered during a big break-up, and I went nuts with spending and not sleeping and other bad behavior, and once in hospitalization where I couldn't act out other than getting in fights and not sleeping despite medication. So what happened to me? I left a message on my P docs urgent line, but I likely won't hear back until Thursday. I was off the walls. If I had to say which way I was heading, I couldn't even say.

I just feel like unicorn, which is what my therapist and I call my baseline. I think my problem is that I truly want to understand everything that's going on and I don't.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, fern46, Fuzzybear, Innerzone, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, Wild Coyote