Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 08, 2020 at 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachyderm View Post
I am presenting the idea that "prosecution" is really not a very useful thing to do. I think some more thoughtful consideration of what is going on is needed. There is dysfunction -- but would you want to prosecute cancer? Would that help?

Cancer is scary too. Think of how people have thought about cancer historically. Do we know better now?

Now why would some victims take on the same role as abusers? What (actual) need would that address?
my suggestion is watch the video series if its in your area. this thread was to notify members that there is a video series on cable pay per view that may interest those with dissociative disorders about how to be safe online forums and video chatting.

if you are having a problem with someone stalking and so forth you will need to contact the site admins, moderators and those in your location that deals with such things. other than that theres nothing I can tell you other than use the tools offered you when online and video chatting of mute, ignore or report.

thank you for participating in this thread about the video series, Im interested in what you thought of the series and if you feel the information in the video series was helpful to you.

for me i found the series mental illness in a virtual world very helpful and many tools that I can add to my life to keep me and my family safe when online and in video chatting...

for example what did you think of that background they used in the video series to prevent those that may hack in, or others may see, during zooming and other video chatting from seeing family photos on the walls, street signs and so forth. I thought it was very creative.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote