View Single Post
WastingAsparagus
Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 09, 2020 at 12:43 AM

I figured I should give an update here. I recently succumbed to my addictive behavior and had a big relapse. I didn't feel the effects of it until I skipped school the following day because of the depression from the relapse. I don't understand why I consider that I can just do these things without any consequences. It's almost as if I think I walk on water or something. It's quite bizarre. I don't understand myself sometimes. This was last Friday. I missed class on Saturday, and hence, decided to take a break from school from now on, though I want to finish my graduate program at some later time. It's like I look to authority to tell me what to do, too, but when they tell me what to do, I don't follow it. I am referring to therapists. Though it's weird, because therapists rarely give advice that I should or should not do a certain thing. Therapists have never told me I have a sexual addiction. I don't know why! It's weird. I don't understand why they won't use the word "addiction." Can't somebody just say in red, flashing letters on a screen that I "have an addiction?" I wish. If only it were that simple, I guess, then life would be a lot easier. I wish life were a great deal easier right now. It's hard not to succumb to these addictive behaviors. There is nothing I can really identify as a trigger except for school, really. So maybe taking a hiatus from school is actually a good idea. I think it is. Because I had never had that kind of stress that led me to these types of behavior until after I went to graduate school. I think it's a decent insight.
WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
downandlonely