Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 09, 2020 at 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy1111 View Post
Ya, it's just one sided. When I do share my feelings, the first thing I always say is that I don't feel like I can share without getting attacked. And every single time, she attacks me. Very recently, she actually let me talk, but interrupted me twice, then said I'm not understanding what she is saying but before I could respond, she walked out of the room. She said she didn't want to hear what I had to say. I was just trying to get clarification and come to some kind of solution. I never even got to share my actual opinion.
Wow.... so she has unhealthy and unproductive communication skills that essentially shut off any productive conversations and prevent them from happening. She won't listen to you. My husband can be similarly frustrating in that regard. I feel your pain. I would confront her with the fact that it's unhealthy and that you and the relationship/marriage are suffering as a result of this broken down communication between you. Just a thought!

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
guy1111