View Single Post
stahrgeyzer
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2018
5,660 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 11, 2020 at 05:43 PM

Has anyone ever contacted the board of malpractice? I sent a message to the California Board of Psychology. My clinical psychologist said the board of malpractice is the one who recommend she terminate me. Not sure if that's the place. The last thing I want to do is get her in trouble. I just want to find out the real reason.
www.psychology.ca.gov
Here's the message:
Hi,
On April 28th 2020 my clinical psychologist called me to inform me that she's terminating me as a client forever. She said she contacted the malpractice board and then recommended she terminate me as a client. My psychologist said it's because I need more intensive care. I've talked to a half dozen therapist & my psychiatrist, telling them everything that happened and everything my psychologist said. They can't understand why she terminated me. One therapist suggested my psychologist might be having reverse transference. All of the therapist agree it doesn't seem healthy for my psychologist to terminate me like that without giving me closure. I've emailed my psychologist many times, but she won't reply. I'm having a very hard time with this because she was like a motherly figure and gave me a lot of care. I have a new therapist, but nearly all of my therapy time is spent on talking about the trauma from my clinical psychologist. Is there anything you can do to help give me closure, at least tell me why the malpractice board recommended terminating me? What my psychologist told me doesn't make sense. She recommended I see another therapist. How is a general therapist going to give me more care than a clinical psychologist? I don't want to get my psychologist in trouble. If you can help me, I can give you her California license # and her first & last name.
I greatly appreciate any help!
Kind regards,
stahrgeyzer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote