View Single Post
MsLady
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2020
360 hugs
given
Default Jun 11, 2020 at 07:35 PM

Who all owns this house? Did you put any downpayment of your own? Why did you feel that buying a home with an abuser was better than being homeless? Do you have a job? Are rental properties sparse in your area?

I agree with the responses. There's something seriously wrong with your sister. It's beyond physical abuse. I can only guess what dx would suit her well. Point being, she's not going to change.

I'm a bit surprised by your responses in relation to the threats made against your baby (I'm truly sorry for your loss). You were in a very serious situation then. Not liking their comments doesn't even cut it. Please don't bring a baby into THIS house.

Do you live with your boyfriend, as well? Did he finance this house, too? Did he know about this history before agreeing to buy property?

I'd say get the heck OUT! Sell the place or rent it out. Talk to a lawyer and find out your rights, ASAP, now that she's not living with you. Get a restraining order on them both.

Your parents did not support you because they were undoubtedly afraid of her. They probably didn't know what to do. So instead of taking care of the situation as they SHOULD HAVE, they took the easy route and blamed you. Shame on them. I can imagine there's a lot of anger and resentment against them, too.

Big hugs to you and your bf.
MsLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote