View Single Post
Misssy2
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2016
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 12, 2020 at 07:09 AM

i'm wondering if you have Borderline Personality Disorder because you act like ME when someone "leaves" you.
I will give you the advice I give myself: You have to accept this because it is a done deal....It hurts alot I know because a BEST FRIEND of many years dumped me and that was 6 years ago and when I think of her I still have "pain and sorrow". I know that I always will.

You are always going to feel this pain of this situation whenever you think about it and right now it is very raw...Realize this will pass....for the most part....don't carry this with you...and say to yourself this is HER problem and not yours...She shouldn't have went into the profession if she can't handle the intense feelings of some of her patients and she should have been able to guage your level of emotional coping before taking you on.

Someone else said it...Maybe you remind her of someone or something from her past that makes "her" very uncomfortable with continuing with your care...You have to put it on ...ITS HER and NOT YOU....You said you have these other "therapists" you are talking to and they don't understand why she would do this either...and the other therapists or people you are talking to are not leaving you....So again it is HER.

Try to feel sympathy for HER....and remember everything happens for a reason....Possibly you will now find a psychologist (because she cut ties) that will really help you to stop having these thoughts. Maybe she felt like a failure in your case because you continue to have these thoughts and struggles and she possibly felt like she wasn't helping you and very likely DOES care for you very much and wants you to get someone that can possibly help you.

I'm extremely torn apart by someone that has left my life recently that was in my life for over 7 years...and for me to survive on a daily basis with the tormenting pain I am suffering from this loss (like you)...I have to repeat to myself...It is HIM not ME.

Bipolar 1
Anxiety

Current Medications:
Lorazepam
Zoloft
Abilify
Gabapentin

Misssy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
stahrgeyzer