View Single Post
chesslover

Member Since Feb 2019
3 hugs
given
Default Jun 13, 2020 at 12:56 PM

hello all! i am currently 25 years old and having a very nasty bout of insomnia for the past 7 days and suffering from severe anxiety,depression,daytime fatigue and dizziness,sleepophobia and EXTREME FEAR OF SPORADIC FATAL INSOMNIA(SFI).( the diseease which causes build up of deadly proteins called prions inside the thalamus of the brain,the part which controls sleeping mechanisms..this results in damage to the thalamus and insomnia that is initially mind,but progressively worsens and causes death within few months of symptoms onset).
It started 1 week ago..i have been suffering from insomnia for the past 1 and a half year and relying on 0.25mg clonazepam each night for sleep..that had worked well till about last week.Yes,occasionally i would get these consecutive 5-6 days of less sleep but things would soon return to normal..with 0.25 mg clonazepam,my body,my mind and brain were in very healthy state till 7 days ago,when i developed insomnia..this time it's not going away and 0.25mg clonazepam is not working efficiently..my intellect isn't as efficient as it was 1 week ago..Plus i am beginning to suspect that it could be SFI or other lethal prion disorder in my brain..I am getting sleep but it's taking me LONGER AND LONGER to fall asleep..It's getting more difficult..Plus for the first 5 days after my insomnia started,my sleep was so light that it felt that i was not sleeping at all..but i was not aware of the time passing away..BUT any other slight noise around me would wake me up and i could feel what's happening around..i was also having strange visual and vivid sensations inside my sleep,similar to dreams and had a feeling of hangover for the entire day after i woke up in the morning.it was as if my brain can't shut down..i have been using my cellphone a lot these days as i suffer from net addiction..i don't drink or smoke but this thing is really scaring the **** out of me and i want things to get back to normal desperately! And,i made a habit of going to bed at 2 -2.30 in the night after switching off my phone..sometimes i do not feel sleepy as i go to bed and feel stressed out or pain inside my head but what i am now experiencing is not the usual insomnia as it is NOT going away.Due to lockdown,i can't even go out for any exercise and as night time approaches,my heart starts banging inside my chest ..please note that in my case,anxiety is the result of insomnia and resulting ill health and NOT it's cause!
For the past 2 days,i slept for approximately 5-6 hours each night..yes,it's still taking me a lot of time to fall asleep,which is often just the initial symptom of SFI..but 2 nights ago,I experienced deep sleep,without any dreams,after a gap of 5 days of impaired sleep..BUT still felt tired after i woke up and anxiety made my day miserable..i did not feel normal..my intellect and sharp thinking abilities were not functioning as on other days and i felt as if i am sick...However,this was the usual sleep that i used to have originally and that made me feel a little better..it was DEEP SLEEP and this time i was not at all aware of anything going around me.
I slept in the afternoon too and that made me feel a lot relaxed because,it felt satisfying as if my sleep mechanism returned to normal.
But last night,as i went to bed and tried to sleep,i could not go to sleep even though i was feeling sleepy.This Is What scares me the most..It took me around 3 hours to fall into sleep and again this time,it was 6 hours of sleep and very very deep sleep...i was not aware of anything around me,no noise could wake me up..don't know whether it was REM or stage 4 or not ,but in the morning ,i felt a little better..because it was pretty deeand of the same quality of sleep that i usually have on normal nights.I am still suffering from anxiety,dizziness,brain fog ,poor memory and fear of SFI..can u tell me based on my experience that i told u,is it possible that it just is the earliest phase of SFI ?? Or is it true that because,i entered deep sleep atleast once or twice amidst this nasty bout of insomnia,SFI is ruled out?? or can SFI sufferers experience this thing ( deep sleep)in earliest phase of the disease even though symptoms slowly get worse? Should i be concerned? What do u think.?please reply..i am already in a state of extreme fear and confusion and need help!please reply.
chesslover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist, Travelinglady